Up for the Challenge? Click Here!
The Lead Developer (LD) will play a vital role in working on Kajabi web application features, primarily in the Ruby programming language, as well as maintaining the production web applications.
The Lead Developer (LD) will play a vital role in working on Kajabi web application features, primarily in the Ruby programming language, as well as maintaining the production web applications. The LD holds firmly to the belief that communication must be a thoughtful, intentional exercise in design thinking. You'll work with the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) at our headquarters in Irvine, California.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Build and maintain web application features, primarily in Rails
- Often serve as architect for features developed within the subteams
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate developers, as well as Frontend developers with the Rails stack and surrounding tech (git, database, github, Heroku, etc)
- Serve as a point-person during work hours for one week as part of our rotating schedule for application support. This typically happens about every 1 month
- Serve as the driving force for a small team of 3-4 during 6 week cycles
LET’S TALK IF
- You have more than 7 years experience building web software
- You are deeply knowledgeable with automated testing and TDD
- You are experienced with Postgresql, as well as other datastores like Redis and Memcached
- You are comfortable working with git and Github
- You've got the organizational, motivational, and communication chops to lead a small subteam of developers (3-4 people) during our development cycles
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a SaaS environment
- You feel confident architecting features without needing as much software design help, but rather take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results
- You have deployment and operational experience with platforms like AWS or Heroku
KAJABI HERO PROCESS
The #KajabiHero process is key to Kajabi’s ability to showcase successful users and expand its marketing initiative. We are always looking for ways to encourage existing customers to take the steps to becoming a hero and also potential customers to start their journey on becoming a hero. This is a core value of Kajabi and should always be kept in the forefront when communicating with our current or potential “heroes”.
KAJABI OFFICE PROCESS
The Kajabi Team is an ever growing and changing group of the most awesome and talented people on the planet, the LD will be integral in fostering the same sense of community and excitement within the office as we strive for with our users.
Time Off, Working From Home, and Educational Allowances
All time off and work from home requests need to be submitted in Gusto. While we always understand that emergencies and illnesses do crop up unexpectedly, given the importance of the LD role in daily operations we ask for as much notice as possible (2 weeks is ideal) for any time out of the office. Remember: sick is sick. If you’re unwell, we don’t expect you to work. It’s your responsibility to take care of yourself and get better!
Vacation time is given without limitation to every employee, provided this awesome and generous benefit isn’t abused by anyone.
Educational opportunities will be offered for the LD at the discretion of the CTO, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education, and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and LD’s desired career goals..
The LD will meet weekly with the CTO to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where LD can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet the LD’s goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concerns about the LD’s job or team.
- Competitive Salary
- HSA Contribution
- Gym Membership
- Free Headspace/Audible Account
- Free Training Resources
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401k Option
- Fully-Paid Health Benefits
- Fully-Stocked Kitchen
- Nitro Cold Brew On Tap